Re: Why doesn't Oracle care about Linux as IBM does?

From: Christer Palm <palm_at_nogui.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 19:57:31 GMT

Nuno Souto wrote:

> I'm confused now. Are you saying that HACMP is clustering software?

Yes, HACMP is definitely clustering software - nothing less, nothing more.

HACMP itself does not impose any overhead since, like other failover cluster solutions, all it basically does it to sit back and watch the cluster nodes for any failures.

> And I still don't fathom why the heck does DB2 need
> it in AIX to run on 32 nodes.

Again, Nuno, you need to go back and re-check what was really said.

Nowhere in this thread did anyone say that you need HACMP or any other clustering software to run DB2 EEE (i.e. parallel DB2).

If that still leaves you confused, I'm sorry. I'm dropping off this tread now...

--
Christer Palm