Re: Anyone care to add the SQL and PL/SQL chapters?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:53:00 +0100

or

Oracle SQL

You tell Oracle to insert the bullet into the foot. Unfortunately the optimiser decides theres a better way to acheive the same result and inserts the bullet into your heart.

PL/SQL You discover that you cannot insert your bullet into your foot without first shelling out another $150k for the enterprise edition. After having done this you discover that your code runs under your bosses account and shoots him in the foot. You get fired.

C#

You wait 3 years for uncle bill to define the gun and bullet windows API only to discover that the foot object is only defined in a hidden extension to the system class. You give up and resort to C.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

Legal disclaimer required by my employer
**
This email contains information intended for the addressee only.
 It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional
privilege.
Any dissemination, distribution, copyright or use of this communication
without prior permission of the addressee is strictly prohibited.
**