Re: backup and restore a big table

From: Stephen Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 09:23:48 -0000

Import/export is always a good method.
Howver when you import the table it is usually much faster to drop all of the indexes prior to running the import then recreate them after.

If you have enough disk space in your database you can also create a copy of your
table and use a direct load insert into your working table where ever you need it reloaded.

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com