Re: Why doesn't Oracle care about Linux as IBM does?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 16:54:15 +0200

Several months yes. A year: not likely. Situation should have become better with 8i introducing a Virtual Operating System for Oracle. Previously, there was officially not necessarily code sharing between the different ports. With Linux we see the same thing as with Unix: there isn't no such thing as Linux. There is Suse Linux, RedHat Linux, Caldera Linux and they are not identical.
To everyone anxious to know when 9i is released for their platform: Oracle has setup and email alert service on the download page at technet. Please use this service and stop asking *the* question over and over again in this group.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA