Re: tracing

From: Eggie <eggie_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 16:47:57 +0200

Tracing does not need to be done at client side only! It also could be important for sysops to optimize indexes and find bottlenecks and such...

There is however a server side trace but that's only at OCI level. I just would call this Oracle feature missing.. it's just not 'it'. OCI tracing for administrators is really useless...
SQL 2000 and SQL 7.0 even offer CPU timinngs and page/reads/writes per statement.

--
Egbert Nierop

> To be fair - a product is a product is a product. Oracle Server is just
that. A
> database server product. Not a programming/development tool product.
Oracle