Re: RMAN duplicate from machine_A to machine_B

From: DBA <as1543_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Aug 2001 07:18:59 -0700

devnull_at_ronr.nl (Ronald) wrote in message news:<67ce88e7.0108082221.6a0c0df_at_posting.google.com>...
> as1543_at_hotmail.com (DBA) wrote in message news:<67932b2c.0108081108.772853b4_at_posting.google.com>...
> > I tried to dup a test database on host A, and while I was looking for
> > new datfiles to be created on host B, RMAN was trying to overwrite my
> > production datafiles.
>
> Hi DBA ???
> you should have copied the backupset to host B and run rman copy from
> there. Nfs is a possibility to copy automagically. Have host C to
> export a backup directory to both host A and B or export the backup
> destination from host A to host B (or the other way round).
>
> In your case I would copy the files using rcp or ftp.
>
> Ronald
> ------
> http://ronr.nl/unix-dba

Thank you for Responding.
This brings up a few more "dumb RMAN questions" * If I FTP backupset to host B, the original RMAN catalog will not know about them.
* If I create a host B catalog, do you know how to register the existence of the new host B backupset?
* Can it be done without a catalog?

Thanks again Received on Thu Aug 09 2001 - 09:18:59 CDT