Server Manager Error

From: Cameron Abbott <cvabbott_at_altavista.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:42:41 -0400

Hi All,

When tring to do a startup nomount in svrmgr on a Sun server running Oracle 8.1.7 , I receive the following error

SVRMGR> startup nomount;
ORA-27102: out of memory
SVR4 Error: 22: Invalid argument

The error code is :

oerr ora 27102
27102, 00000, "out of memory"
// *Cause: Out of memory
// *Action: Consult the trace file for details

When I check the trace files the error message is : WARNING: EINVAL creating segment of size 0x000000000efa2000 fix shm parameters in /etc/system or equivalent

I don't beleive it is a memory problem because the only thig running on this machine is Oracle, there is no database created and it has 2gb of ram and 180gb of disk space.

Any ideas has to how to fix the problem?

Thanks
Cameron Received on Wed Aug 01 2001 - 09:42:41 CDT