Linux install errors

From: JC Yi <jon.yi_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 23:18:22 GMT

Hello,
I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 for Linux Enterprise edition into RH7.1 system.
During the course of the install, I got this message, which I ignored (other choices don't do much, either).

        "Error in invoking target install
               ofmakefile /oracle/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk"
        This is repeated for precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk and ins_rdbms.mk

Since the installer indicated a successful(?) install, I ran the "svrmgrl" command and got "svrmgrl: error while loading shared libraries: libwtc8.so: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory".... sqlplus returns "sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.8.0: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory" message.

I am willing to go through re-install, but how can I make sure I have the correct shared library and make it known? BTW I found libwtc8.so etc under /oracle/lib.

Thanks for any hints.

Jonathan Yi
Developer for Oracle, Access, C, Unix, Linux, TCL
410-529-3225  or 410-529-7268 Fax, jon.yi_at_verizon.net