Trigger behaviour

From: Simon Irvin <sirvin_at_synomics.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2001 02:02:57 -0700

I am in the process of writing a trigger which makes uses of the value of a package variable and then sets it to null. However a colleague tells me that, atleast upto version 7, the database engine might execute the trigger more than once (with rollbacks to savepoints in between the multiple calls) while attempting the same update. This raises the possibility that the trigger may try to read the variable again having already set it to null.

I'd be grateful for advice as to whether or not this could happen and if so whether anything has changed in Oracle 8 to change this behaviour.

Cheers

Simon Irvin Received on Wed Jun 27 2001 - 04:02:57 CDT