Re: Tools for exporting data to flat file

From: john sprague <bearpig_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:00:01 -0500

Haven' found a specific tool - but I do get by fine with a seed job of pro-c ( or you could use oci) wrapped around a plsql block. The wrap around has one cursor - get the row seed. It then passes the distinct vars to the plsql block which retrieves all the named members of the table.

    The end section of the pro-c takes the vars from the plsql block as bound variables and writes to file - retruning to the seed querry for execution until the fetch is exhausted.

    I bind all the values into self-dimensioning arrays ( a little pro-c sub code) and it makes dealing with the specifics of column lenght less onerous - but a little tweaking isn't that bad.

    I would like an automated tool as well - but have been too lazy to progress behind my little pro-c dump routine.

jds