Re: Get the CREATE TABLE statement from an existing database

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:06:26 GMT

The information is there, but you have to put it together yourself. Try looking at the following views for starters:

   USER_TABLES, USER_TAB_COLUMNS, USER_CONSTRATAINTS, USER_CONS_COLUMNS, USER_INDEXES, USER_IND_COLUMNS
There is no one singular table or view which will give you all the information that you seek.

HTH,
Brian