Re: Should I get certified now, or wait for the 9i track?

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 01:09:45 GMT

in article 3B2FD930.D210146F_at_attws.com, Daniel A. Morgan at Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com wrote on 6/19/01 3:58 PM:

> VWP914 wrote:
>

>> Just a question for those who have gone through certification.  I am
>> self-studying, and am just about ready to take test 1 on the 8i DBA track.  I
>> was wondering if I should wait for the 9i track.   I would wait for it if it
>> were to be available within a few months or so.  Does anyone have any guesses
>> about when the 9i certification track will be ready?

> I wouldn't wait. It will be a long time before good 9i materials are
> available.
> And 9i is a superset of 8i so hardly anything, probably nothing, you might
> learn
> will be wasted effort.
>
> Daniel A. Morgan

Well, Daniel is right and wrong. The Oracle9i material is actually ready (from Oracle's end at least), so you will be seeing it in the OCP in the short term (within 3 months). However, I also wouldn't wait - start the Oracle8i OCP now, and then take the make up courses to bring it up to Oracle9i when ready. Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 20:09:45 CDT