Re: Oracle block size - OS block size

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 13:14:30 GMT

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:00:28 +0100, "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I once worked on something that was claimed
>to be the biggest Oracle database in the world -
>it was nearly 10GB. (it was actually in the top few)

I wonder what a really large ORACLE database is nowadays? Largest I've worked with was well over 1.5Tb (V8.0), but I've heard of much larger ones.

They keep growing at an alarming rate. In the days of VMS, large was a few Gbs. With V7 in Unix, the largest I saw was around 600Gb.

It all is relative, I know. Sometimes a small database can be as challenging as a large one, it all depends on the "iron" being used. But some are true "monsters".

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 08:14:30 CDT