Re: how to remove a Home.

From: wayne <no_at_email.please.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2001 22:33:14 GMT

> I am a new user of Oracle. I have install the Oracle Database 8.1.7 in
> Windows NT, and uninstall it, but when I reinstall it, the home I create
> before is still there, How can I delete that?
> Thanks for answering such question

You gotta delete the settings from the registry (regedit.exe). Be very careful and don;t delete too much. Do a search for your current home directory, you gotta watch what you delete. If all goes right, you will have a chance to choose a new Oracle home.

Be careful about this, I did this "under duress" and perhaps there is a more proper and safe way to do this. Received on Wed Jun 13 2001 - 17:33:14 CDT