ORDER BY issue with CONNECT BY query. Please help.

From: Jürgen Kärner <j.karner_at_optiva.ee>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 10:57:12 +0200

I have a connect by query.
I want to order items WITHIN EACH LEVEL by name.

How can I do this?

x)
Simple example of results:

SMITH
   TIGER
   SIMON

      TACKER
      FORRESTER

   KELLY
   JACKSON
   KING x)
If I include ORDER BY in the end of the statement, I get this:

FORRESTER
JACKSON
KELLY
KING
SIMON
SMITH
TACKER
TIGER x)
What I want, is to order items by name WITHIN EACH LEVEL. Like this:

SMITH
   JACKSON
   KELLY
   KING
   SIMON

      FORRESTER
      TACKER

   TIGER How can I do that? Received on Thu Jun 07 2001 - 03:57:12 CDT