Re: Should a temporary segment disappear after 125 minutes?

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2001 12:58:17 -0700

nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam (Nuno Souto) wrote in message news:<3b1f7126.3095964_at_news-server>...
> >I know it'll go away if I bounce the database. I also know leaving it
>
> No need to bounce. If your TEMP tablespace is TEMPORARY, just
> OFFLINE/ONLINE it with a script. Gotta pick a time when nothing is
> being used in it. This clears the "hung" segments. This problem been
> there on and off since V7.1.6, about bloody time it got fixed!!!!
> <sigh>

I know. In fact, the most non-intrusive way to drop those temporary segments is probably ALTER TABLESPACE TEMP DEFAULT STORAGE (PCTINCREASE 0) even if your PCTINCREASE is already 0 (just tested it on 8.1.7, not 8.0.5 this time since I can't access it at this moment). I just want to know why after 125 minutes SMON didn't clean it up, and even oradebug wakeup didn't do it.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com Received on Thu Jun 07 2001 - 14:58:17 CDT