Re: Spanish character problem

From: Syltrem <syltrem_at_videotron.ca.spammenot>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:05:38 -0400

Hi!

An answer for a faithful (I hope) VMS user!

$ sh log nls*

(LNM$PROCESS_TABLE)

  "NLS_DATE_FORMAT" = "DD-MON-YYYY"
  "NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE" = "AMERICAN"
  "NLS_LANG" = "AMERICAN_CANADA.WE8ISO8859P1"
  "NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS" = ".,"
  "NLS_SORT" = "CANADIAN FRENCH"

$ sear ora_root:[db_infrcs]init.ora nls

nls_language = "AMERICAN"
nls_territory = "CANADA"
nls_numeric_characters = ".,"
nls_sort="Canadian French"

You have to supply correct values for spanish for these NLS parameters BTW, NLS_LANG logical MUST be defined in order for accented characters to be displayed correctly (as in select 'Montréal' from dual;).

--
Syltrem
http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS related web site)

672cc2ae.0106050941.6d1ccf6f_at_posting.google.com...