Re: Multi Master Replication Slow

From: <danthehorn_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/29

This is advance replication and the network is 100mb with no other trafic since these are test servers with dual processors. We are using SR today and would like to move to advance replication.

Thanks for the input maybe the above information will help.

In article <00y65.9121$i5.135756_at_news1.frmt1.sfba.home.com>,   "Michael J. Moore" <hicamel_at_home.com> wrote:
> This is probably too obvious, but what about the network speed, or
 traffic
> on the network?
> An Oracle rep told me that the most one should expect out of SR is 100
> transactions per second.
> Mike
> <danthehorn_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > I have setup three hosts with multimaster replication. Everything
> > seems to work O.K. but it is very slow.
> >
> > I am selecting a count from a join on def$_aqcall and
 def$_destination
> > to monitor each host since the purge is delayed. I am only able to
> > push 600 transactions a minute to each host.
> >
> > I have setup 10 second pushes with parallism => 4 and on minute
 purges.
> > I have moved the advance queueing tables off the system tablespace
> > but nothing seems to improve the speed of the replication. ASYN
> > replication.
> >
> > Any advice
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jun 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT