Re: archive logs

From: <ddf_dba_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/29

In article <395B7B22.8F8B5552_at_hpedsb.on.ca>,   Chuck Sine <csine_at_hpedsb.on.ca> wrote:
> How do you get rid of old archive logs? Can you simply delete them
 with
> explorer?
>
> Chuck

I compress archive log files and regularly write them to tape. After they have been transfered to tape I remove them from the system to provide room for the new archive logs. Once I have a recent full backup, either hot or cold, of the database I overwrite the tapes containing the archive logs with newer archive log files. The valid archive logs have dates between the date of the last full backup and the current full backup. Any archive log older than the most recent full backup can be discarded

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/