Newbie with Oracle Server ...

From: Brad Corradi <bcorradi_at_uswest.net>
Date: 2000/06/26

Hello all,

Well I just installed Oracle 8 server and I'm getting the following erros when trying to log into the enterprise manager or any other oracle utility. The only thing I have done so far is installed Oracle 8 and I used their Database Assistant to create my own dbase during installation.

1.  ORA-01034-Oracle not available
2.  ORA-09243-Smsget error:  attaching to SGA
3:  OSD-0410  -Invalid SGA:  SGA not initialized

Any help would be appreciated...
Thanx in advance,
Brad Received on Mon Jun 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT