Re: I need advice

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/06/26

The easiest (and safest?) way to move from on NT server to another is to do the following steps:

  1. Configure your directory structure identical on both machines.
  2. Install the same version of Oracle on the new machine.
  3. Copy the database files to the new machine.
  4. Start up the database.

As long as the database file directory structure of your new machine is identical to your old one, then you can simply copy the files and startup the database. It's that easy!

HTH,
Brian

hpbrantley_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> I need advice on migrating an existing database on an NT server to a new
> NT server. I need info on what to watch out for.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.