Re: Oracle 8.1.6 mmap problem (ld error)

From: <fly13_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/23

Hi Rich,
Thanks you for your help!

First I've tried to modify the value twice yet and reboot each time.

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=140
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=110
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=210
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767

But i've always the same error when it does the linking. Moreover, when i execute the command ipcs -rm, there is no memory segment owned by oracle.

What do you think all about that all?

Thanks

Ben

In article <8itdfn$8on$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   ford1_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I would look at the following:
> 1) System is rebooted after /etc/system is modified.
> 2) run ipcs -mb and look at the shared memory segments owned by
 oracle.
> 3) Check free disk space on filesystem where Oracle binaries are
> installed.
>
> This seems to me like a shared memory problem so I would re-check the
> values you set for shared memory in /etc/system and determine that
 they
> are correct.
>
> Rich Ford.
>
> In article <8itbn8$79q$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> fly13_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris,
> > and i ever modify the /etc/system file to set
> > shared memory parameters.
> > But a the end of the installation, when it is
> > doing the link this message error appears :
> > Error in invoking target ioracle of makefile
> > ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk
> >
> > If i go further i can see that the error come
> > from an 'ld' command (in the make.log file)
> > ld: fatal: file /dev/zero: cannot mmap file :
> > Device temporarily unavailable.
> >
> > Can anyone help me, please?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jun 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT