Re: Larry Ellison comments on Microsoft's benchmark

From: Dmitriy Evinshteyn <devinshteyn_at_softtreetech.com>
Date: 2000/06/22

It's amazing how "Oracle" people judge about other companies and products,... just like Larry!

They think that what they do is not "shitty" and is much better and than other things especially if other things were made by Microsoft. All products have their problems but I heave'n heard a Microsoft or IBM or any other guy saying that Oracle is "shitty" and believe me this is not because it is good or bad (just check the number of bugs reported in the last year, amazing...), but because the people culture is different. It seems to me that many "Oracle" people inherit their views from the Oracle makers.

By the way,
I've worked for many years with both Oracle and SQL Server databases and I like them both, even both have lots of their own problems as well as their own strenght. Each is good in it's own place!
Also, do you remeber such Oracle "sh..." products as PowerBrowser or OracleOffice or maybe you like the performance and usability of Enterprise Manager v2? And how about the performance and design of the Oracle own web site (it seems to me that they keep saying "we power the Internet")? What a performance!

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Thu Jun 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT