where to find documentation on system objects

From: <orauser_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/21

Apologies in advance - this is a beginner question! But at least I am asking where to find some documentation :-)

I want to find out about tables like all_tables, user_tables, user_tab_columns, etc.

Are these all part of the 'data dictionary' or is that term reserved for views, etc? If they are part of something else, then what is that term?

Which manual should I be looking at?

Many thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT