Re: polling, triggers, java, Oracle, C++

From: Bryan Polyak <polyak_at_edcsns1.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/06/20

This is the method I used and it worked fairly well. However, after I finished, I thought the DBMS_ALERT package would have been a better choice over the DBMS_PIPE package that I used, mainly because DBMS_ALERT is transactional (i.e. the alert always arrives after the commit, pipe messages can arrive before).