shmmax setting in system file to be set for all memory

From: EnderW <ender29_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/20

Hi,
  I have been looking at shmmax settings in /etc/system. General recomm. I get around is set it half the size of system mem. My question is what happens when I set it to the all mem. system got. If system had 4GB of mem. if I set it to 4GB. Will the system be able to boot up ? Thnx in adv.

Ps. system in that context is an Solaris 2.6 or higher with Exxx hw from Sun

--
Ender Wiggin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.