Oracle Built-in Packages - DBMS_RANDOM

From: David <dschmidt_at_uniscape.com>
Date: 2000/06/16

   H E L P

Q1: How do you either install or enable DBMS_RANDOM ???

DBMS_RANDOM did not install by default after our Typical 8.1.5 Server install.

Expected DBMS_RANDOM to be loaded by catproc.sql.

The other Oracle Built-in Packages DBMS_SESSION, DBMS_ALERT, DBMS_PIPE, and DBMS_JOB are loaded and operational.

For your information DBMS_RANDOM is a random number generator package, new to 8x. The package must exist and be loaded prior to the installation of a paticular 3rd party package.

select * from user_objects where object_name = 'DBMS_RANDOM' ;

0 rows

Thank you, in advance !!!

Regards,
David

PS: We are not writing Oracle packages, we just want to install one. Therefore, we will hold off on purchasing the O'REILLY book until we get really, really desperate. Received on Fri Jun 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT