Oracle & Linux configuration help ???

From: <htsang_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/08

Hi all,

I need to setup an Intranet that can run both JSP & Servlet applications. We had Oracle 8.1.5 installed on a NT 4.0 Server and had tested some of the applications with IIS 4.0 using ODBC connection. It seems to be working properly. Now we need to port over to a Linux environment with the following configuration :

RedHat Linux 6.1
Apache Server 1.3.12
Tomcat 3.1
JDK1.2.2 I am very new to both Linux & Oracle and need some expert advice. With IIS 4.0 Server, it is required to install an oracle client. With Linux & Apache, do I also need to install an oracle client ? If so, where can I locate this client ? I have only downloaded the JDBC-Thin-100% Java from Oracle 8.1.6.0.1 JDBC driver for JDK1.2x, do I need any other drivers or utilities ?

Best Regards,

Henry

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jun 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT