The cardinality of tablespace and datafile

From: chuan zhang <chuan_at_asiaonline.net>
Date: 2000/06/07

Hi, all,

  Could anyone tell me that which the following option is better in terms of performance:

  1. One tablespace with one big datafile, this datafile might increase more if there are more storage.
  2. One tablespace with many small or medium datafiles or
  3. Splitting many datafiles into many tablespaces.

Note, I have considered to put the datafiles into different drives in order to increase the performance.

Thanks

Chuan Zhang

Asiaonline Ltd Co. Received on Wed Jun 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT