Re: Relation between listener.ora & tnsnames.or

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: 2000/06/02

I think this is the way it works, but I've never tried...

The server-side tnsnames.ora file is only used if :

You are executing svrmgr commands from the server console and you want to connect to a database other than the one installed on that server  or
if you want to use DB_LINKS - the server needs the tnsnames.ora file to resolve the link location...

Others may have more ( and real time tested) info...