Re: 2 databases 2 listeners 1 oracle_home

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:17:58 -0800

Peter Buckley wrote:

> Frank,
>
> I've read your thread on the news server about Oracle.
> your reply ..."After a connection request is made, the actual
> communication will be on another port alltogether anyway......"
>
> May be the answer I'm looking for.......
>
> I know that TCP port 1521 is the IP (tcp) port that the initial
> connection to the database is made via Oracle's SQL*NET IP.
>
> What I need to do (set) is to make Oracle ONLY WORK on port 1521 and
> not reassign another IP port to each connection.....
>
> Q.) Can I do this?

Defenitely

> Q.) How?

Eeeh, I should know this, but I dont... I know this question has been posted and answered before. Couldn't find it in the Net8 manual... Check out the archives on deja
<snip>

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle Received on Fri Jan 28 2000 - 17:17:58 CST