Re: Question on v$rollstat

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:29:52 GMT

In article <86ms31$nka$1_at_pollux.ip-plus.net>,   "Francois Junod" <fjunod_at_swissquote.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
> what is exactely the meening of the column WAITS of the v$roolstat
table ?

> Which value should I read on a 'normal' production database ?
>
> fj

In theory you would like the value of waits in v$rollstat to be zero, but the reality is that for a production system you want it to be less than 1% of gets.

I just queried of my main production system and have around 400 waits to 3.5 million reads so maybe that should be a tenth of a percent. Oracle's recommended percentage ought to be listed in the performance manual, but the way you want to look at it is as a percentage.

--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 26 2000 - 11:29:52 CST