Direct-Path Load and Oracle8i

From: Peter C. <Peter.Cugier_at_MGI.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:32:14 GMT

I have some problems loading big data files - between 2 and 3 GB - using Direct-Path Load with and Oracle8i (8.1.5) database. We run the loads on an 8-way Intel server with Windows NT 4.0 SP4 using the SQL*Loader 8.1.5, which comes with the database.

We have no problems to load the 25 million records from the files when we use the conventional path method. But when we tried to load the same records using Direct-Path around 150,000 records where discarded, because the records failed all WHEN-clauses. Strange, because the didn't fail the WHEN-clause using conventional path load.

Also after I tried to load the discarded records again - using direct- path - without touching them, nearly all but 50 were loaded. If they failed the WHEN-clause the first time, why didn't they do the same on the second try?

Did anyone experienced similar problems, or can probably someone explain this - from my point of view - strange behaviour.

Thanks

Peter

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 10:32:14 CST