Running DAO stored procedures from Access

From: <simonbach_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:28:55 GMT

I have done a migration from SQL server 7 to Oracle8.   The stored procedures I have made return record sets for reports and are fired from an access front end.
  I am more familiar with MSQL then Oracle , I have written triggers for oracle and a stored procedure . The trigger works fine but I dont know how to run the stored procedure in say SQL*PLUS in order to test it and the other stored procedures from the migration.   I also have to run these stored procedures from MS Access and return the record set , this is using DAO.

I have below an example of the sort of procedure that I want to run.

Create Package "DBO".SPDEPTSPKG
AS
TYPE RT1 IS RECORD (

	name		 Dept.name%TYPE
	);

TYPE RCT1 IS REF CURSOR RETURN RT1; END; CREATE PROCEDURE "DBO".SPDEPTS
(
RC1 IN OUT SPDEPTSPkg.RCT1)
AS
StoO_selcnt	INTEGER;
StoO_error 	INTEGER;
StoO_rowcnt	INTEGER;
StoO_crowcnt	INTEGER := 0;
StoO_fetchstatus	INTEGER := 0;
StoO_errmsg	VARCHAR2(255);
StoO_sqlstatus	INTEGER;
BEGIN
	OPEN RC1 FOR
	SELECT Dept.name "dept" FROM Dept
	ORDER BY Dept.name ASC;

END spDepts;

How can I run this in SQL*Plus , and how do I run this from DAO.

Any Help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Simon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 09:28:55 CST