Oracle Services for MTS config

From: Robert Gravereaux <Robert_Gravereaux_at_mbcnet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 08:56:05 -0500

With Oracle 8i (8.1.5):

I created a new database with the database configuration wizard (created scripts, then ran them). Then executed the oramts.sql script to add the Oracle Services for MTS user, added my data, then set up the Oracle Service. When I run my component from MTS I get a 'Catastrophic Failure' message from the OLE DB provider (Oracle OLE DB 8.1.5.2). Everything works OK if the MTS components are marked 'does not support transactions'. The OracleServicesforMTS.trc file doesn't say anything useful. The same setup using the default installed ORCL instance works fine.

Beyond oraMTS.sql, are there any other scripts necessary to get Oracle Services for MTS working?? Is there any documentation that describes in detail the database objects necessary for Oracle Services for MTS to function properly (besides the 'Using Microsoft Transaction Server with Oracle8i' document)??

TIA --
Rob Gravereaux
Web Developer
Medical Broadcasting, Co.
mailto:RGravereaux_at_mbcnet.com Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 07:56:05 CST