IMP80 hanging on table with BLOBs

From: <marciat_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:06:52 GMT

I am trying to copy an 8.0.5 instance on NT by making an export and importing it into the new instance. The database contains one table that has a BLOB column in it, and everytime the import gets to that table with the BLOBs it appears to hang. That is, it stops at the line ". . importing table "<table with BLOB name>" and when I look at the NT task manager, the IMP80.EXE process is not clocking anymore CPU time. The table took no time at all to export, maybe 30 seconds at the most.

Yesterday, I waited about 1 1/2 hours before killing the process. I was getting relatively low on disk space so we added a hard drive, as I thought maybe that was the problem, but it is still hanging on me this morning with a whole 20 GB hard drive to itself (the original database is very small, and fits with several other instances on a 6.0 GB hard drive). Each time I have tried the import I have rebuilt the whole database from scratch before trying to import to it.

Any ideas?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 19 2000 - 09:06:52 CST