How to Find a row easily. Newbie Question

From: * <jflick_at_gill-industries.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 02:23:40 GMT

We have an Oracle 7.3 database that is part of a CAD application we run. Our goal is to copy some data from the database tables/rows and put them in another table in a MS SQL7 table for a different piece of software.

It would eliminate duplication of work by not having to type the data into the new MS SQL based application.

We've found all the locations of the data we're looking for except one. And we can't seem to find it in any of the tables.

Unfortunately, our Oracle db has a TON of tables and lots of rows/columns within the tables.

Is there any way to write a query that looks for a specific value so that it will search every single table, column, and row in the Oracle system? We'd like to find the area we're looking for. Unfortunately, the tables/rows/columns don't give much of an indication as to what they'd be used for.

The CAD application people say it's proprietary information on their table structure.

We're not trying to save the world here though. We just want to copy quantity, description, and size to our new application.

Many thanks in advance.

John Flick Received on Tue Jan 18 2000 - 20:23:40 CST