Re: Windows 2000 RC2 Build 2151 and Oracle 8i

From: Bruce Taneja <Bruce_Taneja_at_coregis.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:23:48 -0600

I would recommend that do a default install.. i.e. choose starter DB ok.. Just shut it down later..

Then when in the end when the install tries to start the net 8 assistant and DB config assistant.. And it looks likes its frozen.. don't cancel it.. Let it
run over night (thats what I did) .. In the morning it finished successfully.. And everything is ok..

On another server where I did cancel the last part , it never configured correctly and I
still have the exact problem you describe.. -bruce

"Lap Wah Lee" <lwlee_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net> on 11/10/99 08:20:55 AM

Please respond to "comp.databases.oracle.server_at_list.deja.com"

      <comp.databases.oracle.server_at_list.deja.com>

To: "comp.databases.oracle.server_at_list.deja.com"

      <comp.databases.oracle.server_at_list.deja.com> cc:
Subject: Windows 2000 RC2 Build 2151 and Oracle 8i

 Message from the Deja.com forum:
 comp.databases.oracle.server
 Your subscription is set to individual email delivery

I am trying (and failing) to install a MINIMAL copy of Oracle 8i on Windows 2000. I chose not to install the starter db since I have only 80MB RAM. I receive an error mentioning that Net8 admin could not be installed/run because of a missing file, files\oracle\database\jlib. After installation, I try to run Oracle Database Config Assistant but I get no execution. I try running "launch netasst.cl" to start Net8, but also no execution. Anyone knows what's up?

 Deja.com: Before you buy.
 http://www.deja.com/

 Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/  Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 18 1999 - 13:23:48 CST