Re: Creating Indexes

From: Alan Shein <alanshein_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:16:29 -0500

If you are always querying the three fields in the same order, and always using field 1, such as:

1
1,2
1,2,3

then you can create a composite index that will work just as efficiently as three individual indexes. If you'll need to query in some other way, such as

2

2,1
2,3
3,2,1
3,1

etc...

then you may want to use individual indexes.