Analyze Index causing problems

From: <mheindel_at_glatfelters.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:19:19 GMT

For our applications we use views and do not reference the tables directly. Some of the views use the decode statement, some are unions and most are just straight views. Whenever we analyze (w/compute) an index on a table that has a view with decode or union the view does not return the correct data and after checking invalid objects do not show any invalid objects. Any ideas on how to fix the index so that it will not cause problems when analyzed? For now we are dropping and re- creating the index (even in script this is a big job).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 18 1999 - 06:19:19 CST