Re: Error in Oracle 8i

From: Yass Khogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:38:59 -0800

2085, 00000, "database link %s connects to %s"

  // *Cause: a database link connected to a database with a different name.
  //  The connection is rejected.
  // *Action: create a database link with the same name as the database it
  //  connects to, or set global_names=false.
  .
  Init.ora file holds this information
  Need to try and set the global_names = false.   What is it set to at the moment
  It was set to TRUE
  Change that and restart the database.