Replication across different timezones

From: ERIC COMEAU <ecomeau_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:26:24 GMT

I have a requirement to replication data across multiple timezones using Oracle Advanced replication (multi-master). I would like to understand what challenges, issues, solutions other users of Oracle Advanced Replication have implemented in such an environment.

Options I am considering:

  1. Convince the user both servers must be set to GMT.
  2. Code special conflict resolution procedures to account for the timezone differences

As well I have seen posting which mention the client obtains its date value based on the TZ (in unix) where the listener is started. I have not verified this, but if it works I guess a third option would be:

3) Modify the start-up scripts for the listener to have a TZ=GMT

Thanks in Advance,
Eric Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 08:26:24 CST