Re: Technical, machine decisions for running Oracle...

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 06:02:29 GMT

not CPU cache. poor choice of allocation of resource$.

Disk I/O is crucial, unless you're going to have the entire database up in RAM.

Lots -o- RAM on the RAID controller = fast I/O. Ultra 160/m SCSI drives if you can wait a month. If not, Ultra2wide SCSI - insist upon.
PC133 bus will help.
Multiple bus channels are available on expensive servers. 64 bit RAID and NIC's are available also - only matters on LAN.

what kind of internet connection?
If only on a T1 - the T1 will be the rate limiting factor.

Paul