Re: How ro create a database link

From: Suresh Bhat <suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 22:21:58 GMT

Hi Uwe,

I have not tried this but my notes indicate that if you have GLOBAL_NAMES set to TRUE in initXXXX.ora, then it forces the database link name to be named same as the target database name.

I cannot shed any more light on it.

Suresh Bhat

Uwe Schneider <uwe.schneider_at_xlink.net> wrote in article <38281AF5.90CA97B0_at_xlink.net>...