Re: DBMS.PIPE

From: Peter Hiemenz <PeterHiemenz_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 21:06:41 +0100

In article <L0InOG+L39Cuaj9cqIvbkFD+Q5Zu_at_4ax.com>, Thomas Kyte wrote:
> dbms_alert *might* be a path to look at. it is transactional but it will cause
> some serialization (only one person at a time can signal event 'X' -- others
> will block on the signal call until that person commits). Also, they can 'lose'
> events (like a unix signal does). If, while I am processing event 'X', two more
> people signal event 'X' -- i'll only get one of the signals.

Isn't it possible to use the Job package to create a one time only job writing data to the pipe? AFAIK the job package works transactional.

Peter Hiemenz
Hilden near Dusseldorf

HMS Planung & Automation GmbH, Duisburg, Germany

mailto:Peter.Hiemenz_at_t-online.de
mailto:PeterHiemenz_at_compuserve.com Received on Tue Nov 09 1999 - 14:06:41 CST