Re: Checking for Corrupt Redo Logs

From: <parkstate_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 19:51:01 GMT

Try using checksums in log file blocks .

Set the initialization parameter LOG_BLOCK_CHECKSUM to TRUE. These are validated when the log is read for archiving(or recovery) If the checksum is invalid, another member of logfile group is read and it continues to do so. When it finds all of them invalid, the database will hang.

Read Oracle's manual for more info on the subject.

PS.

In article <8093ij$mkt$2_at_news8.svr.pol.co.uk>,   "SANJEEV PARIKH" <SANJEEV_PARIKH_at_dixions.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Is there anyway I can verify my redo logs are not currupt?
> The dbv utility can only be used on dbf files.
>
> sanj
> sparik_at_acxiom.co.uk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 09 1999 - 13:51:01 CST