Re: JDBC Class Abstraction

From: Bryan Boone <Bryan.Boone_at_sas.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:57:52 GMT

I think the backward compatibility thing with JDBC has been blown twice already.
(2)Not only insulates you from JDBC code churn (DB changes have no effect thanks to JDBC) but gives you a layer of OO that JDBC just doesn't have. I find that it's more of a spec than a class. It's just a collection of fucntions, excuse me, methods that have to be in a class because Java dictates it.