ORA-01031 Insufficient priveledges et al.

From: Paul LeDuc <pleduc_at_lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:25:56 -0800

Hello,
I am hoping someone can help me out with a nagging problem. I developed a package that uses DBMS_SQL against an Oracle 8.0 database. Since the code was originally developed we have rebuilt the database on a new server with the same version of Oracle on both servers.

Now when the code is run on the new box I receive the following errors: ORA-01031 Insufficient priviledges
followed by
ORA-06512 .... four times

The offending code follows:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY TEST IS
PROCEDURE MakeTempTbl IS
  lCurID INTEGER; -- Cursor ID for processed statement   lSQLstr VARCHAR2(500); -- SQL string to be executed

BEGIN

END; -- MakeTempTbl

END;
/

I have granted EXECUTE on DBMS_SQL to the user executing the package.

Also the user can create the same table manually that the code attempts to create without any trouble.

Paul LeDuc
pleduc_at_lightspeed.net
AND
ledupa_at_priorityhealth.com Received on Tue Nov 09 1999 - 00:25:56 CST