Characters Corrupted by Export/Import Process

From: Gene Hubert <ghubert_at_netpath.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 01:50:41 GMT

This is on Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux.

I've found that the trademard registration symbol (R with a circle around it) in varchar and clob fields is changed to something else when I export a table and later import. The export and import are all done on the server. I'm using the Western Europe character set in the DB. Has anyone heard of this? It makes export and import not very useful.

Gene Hubert
SkillsPoint.com
http://www.skillspoint.com - Where smart people go to buy the right training! Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 19:50:41 CST