Re: Recover without redo logs!!!

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 14:55:59 GMT

In article <7vt1h2$cie$1_at_news.ibm.net.il>,   "Shaul" <sbenyo_at_ibm.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know how to recover a database when the CURRENT redo log
is
> gone / corrupted ???
>
> I tried some things but the best I've come to is to get a message
that the
> system tablespace needs recovery.
>
> Any help will be appreciated!!

In the ver 8, Backup and Recovery manual Oracle talks about this in Ch 12. The solution to your problem depends on information you have not provided so I will refer you to the manual. One thing the manual does say is if you lost the active redo log and you are not in archive log mode you must recover from a whole database backup and use the reset logs option. Good luck.

--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 08:55:59 CST